What is Totus Tuus? It’s a week-long Catholic summer camp held at St. Matthew and other parishes in the Diocese of Joliet led by college students and Diocese of Joliet seminarians. There is a day program for youth going into grades 1-6 and an evening program for teens going into grades 7-12. Totus Tuus focuses on the teachings of the Catholic Church, devotion to Mary, Eucharistic adoration, and FUN!!!
Save the date!!! St. Matthew is hosting Totus Tuus July 11-15 for the first time post-covid, and we are getting ready! Registrations will be in this week’s bulletin and accessible on our website. As we get ready, here are some things we need from the St. Matthew Parish community to make this year’s Totus Tuus a success!
- Families to house the college students/seminarians (missionaries) running Totus Tuus for the week that may have college or adult children that are out of the home, elder parishioners, single parishioners, or younger parishioners that do not yet have children.
- The Totus Tuus missionaries will need housing from Saturday night, July 9 through Friday morning, July 16.
- It would be great to have 2 host families – one for two girls and another for 2 young men.
- Host families would provide a light continental breakfast available each morning Sunday morning through Friday morning
- Host families or families with children or teens in the program are needed to provide dinner from Sunday night through Thursday night
- Parishioners are needed to provide lunch for the college students/seminarians (missionaries) running Totus Tuus for the week.
- Volunteers can bring take out or homemade lunches for the four missionaries on any day of the week from Sunday, July 10 – Thursday, July 14. Also, an adult needs to be with the missionaries during their lunch time break.
- Confirmation Candidates going into grades 7 and 8 or going into their 2nd year of Faith Formation preparation for Confirmation to be junior high and high school helpers for classroom activities, help for lunches and snack time, buddies for children that may need extra help to participate in the activities. This is a great opportunity for Confirmation service hours!!!
- If you are interested in volunteering, contact the Faith Formation office for teen volunteer Protecting God’s Children forms and training information.
Contact: Christine Balaty for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org