2018 St. Matthew Raffle Ticket Rules
1. The raffle ticket drawing shall be held at St. Matthew in Glendale Heights, IL. All tickets must be received by the drawing date to be eligible for the drawing. Participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian to be eligible.
2. All winners must claim their prize within 60 days or their prize will be forfeited.
3. First prize for the raffle is a 2018 Toyota Camry or a $28,000 cash option. A minimum of 800 raffle tickets must be sold to hold the raffle for the first prize. If 800 raffle tickets are not sold prior to the raffle drawing, then the Toyota Camry or Cash will be withdrawn and not offered as a prize. The remaining cash prizes may still be raffled at the sole discretion of St. Matthew Parish. In the event no raffle is held, refunds will be made available. A maximum of 2,000 raffle tickets will be sold for this contest.
4. If 800 raffle tickets are not sold prior to the raffle drawing:
- The Toyota Camry or Cash will be withdrawn and not offered as a prize.
- At the sole discretion of St. Matthew Parish, a $5,000 first prize may be substituted.
- A maximum of 2,000 raffle tickets will be sold for this contest.
5. If not present at the drawing, the winners will be notified by phone, mail or email.
6. First Prize:
- In accordance with IRS raffle regulation, winner must pay a 25% federal withholding tax and a 4.95% Illinois state withholding tax of the fair market value to St. Matthew which will be remitted to the IRS and IL. Dept. of Revenue on the winner’s behalf.
- Winner is solely responsible for all sales taxes, registration, title, transfer fees, licensing, insurance and all expenses in claiming and using the Toyota Camry. Winner is solely responsible for meeting all dealer regulations and legal requirements to engage in the purchase of the vehicle.
- Winner acknowledges that in accordance with IRS raffle regulation, St. Matthew must withhold 25% for federal withholding tax and 4.95% Illinois state withholding tax from the raffle winnings and remit the amount withheld to IRS and IL. Dept. of Revenue on the winner’s behalf. Backup withholding may apply in conformance with IRS rules if necessary.
7. Any non-US resident winner may be required to accept a cash option due to dealer regulations. A non-US resident winner will be required by IRS regulations to pay 30% US income tax on the value of the prize unless exempted by US treaty. This amount shall be withheld from their winnings as well as any State of Illinois requirements.
8. This Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted. All net proceeds will solely be used to benefit St. Matthew Parish and the causes to which they are dedicated.
9. The interpretation and application of the rules and regulations shall be at the sole and absolute discretion of St. Matthew Parish and shall be binding upon all raffle participants.
10. Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address, photograph or videotape likeness and statements for publicity purposes by St. Matthew Parish and agrees to sign a publicity release without any further compensation. 11.St. Matthew Parish reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time, in which event its liability is limited to refund of raffle ticket prices to participants. Model year and vehicle options advertised are based on availability.